Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

Yesterday was mothers day and my initial plan was to wake up before church and go for a run.  That thought ended almost as soon as it had started when I received a phone call from a friend at church.  Tandy and myself are the Sunday School teachers and she had called to inform me that she was not going to be at church in the morning and that she had all the supplies for the Mothers Day craft but there was some cutting out do be done along with searching for a bible verse.  That's when I knew I had to get to church early and unless I woke up at the butt crack of dawn, which should NEVER happen on mothers day, I was going to have to forgo the morning run.
After church I came home cleaned the bathroom, kitchen and rewashed the kitchen floor.   I was annoyed because I had already washed the kitchen and bathroom less then 48 hrs prior.  Ryan decided for Mothers Day he should take the kids to the park and leave me home alone to do whatever.   So I sat on the couch and found a movie on tv.  There was only an hr left in the movie so once it was done I knew I had plenty of time to do something else before they got home.  So I chose to run.  I got all ready and then called my husband and told him to not leave the park because I was going to run up there and I would need a ride home. 
Running to the park is a route I had never run before and was excited to try it out.  I had no interest in going out to be fast or anything of that nature.  I just wanted a nice relaxing run.  The first part is pavement.  The second part of the run is dirt rode.  I generally like running on dirt but I found it to be kinda challenging this time.  The road had just been graded and it was not only very bumpy it was duuuusty!  Whenever a car would pass I would get lost in a huge cloud of dust.  It was crazy!  The third part of the run was through a grassy field.   I hate hate hate running on terrain like this because there are a lot of hidden bumps, holes, and even muddy spots.  Fortunately that part did not last long and I walked part of it.  There was a family in the field out flying kites too so it was fun to be able to watch them as I made my way through this.  Then lastly I was back onto a dirt road until I came to a ball field that had all my men on it!  It was awesome! 
I have to say that run and then hanging out with my boys at the park was great... just what this mama needed for Mothers Day!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a good day, glad you enjoyed yourself.
    http://beboldrunwild.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete