Saturday, September 17, 2011

First run since broken toe

I finally got the ok from the Dr. to go ahead and resume normal activity after my tumble down the stairs in which I broke my big toe 6 weeks ago.  Although I have to go ahead to start running again it was advised that I take it slow because the toe is not 100% healed yet.  In fact they can still see the fracture on the ex ray.  The Dr. said another 3 weeks or so I should be back to normal.   This news came almost a week ago and due to the children going back to school, PTO meetings, curriculum nights, baseball etc I have not had an opportunity to really get out there and see what I am made of.   Cooper last night spent a night at a friends house and I had to pick him up this morning.  His friends house is only 1.35 miles away so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to see how much of a set back I endured taking 6 weeks off.  We dropped our car at their house last night so that way I could run to pick him up this morning and drive him home.  (although if had not had tickets to the big house today I would have made him run or at least walk home with me.)   I walked the first quarter of a mile to warm up but then got going.  I knew it was going to be hard but wowza it was really hard.  I actually for a split second thought "Kelly you do not need to do this you do not need to be a runner"  I do not know what happen to that split second thought but I did not entertain it and just kept running.  I had to take three walk breaks which is two more then I normally would have taken two months ago.  I apparently have my work cut out for me but I am excited to get back into it.

1 comment:

  1. Well my dear, I am proud of you for getting back out there, doing it and not letting the split second thought be more than that! You inspire and amaze me! :)

    ReplyDelete