Tuesday, January 25, 2011

200th mile

Well I reached a milestone the other day that I never in a million years thought I would achieve.  200 miles!  To be honest I never thought that I would ever be in a position in which I would even be logging my miles.  That all changed 7 months ago when I decided out of the blue that I was going to run a 5k.  Thanks to dailymile, my friends at cafemom, and a well known program called Couch to 5k I got my butt up of the couch and ran.   I can not tell you how much of a sense of accomplishment I feel knowing that I have already put in 200 miles.   I am extremely proud of myself not just for the 200 miles but for knowing I have hundreds more I want to log.  It is so surreal for me to look back at my life less then a yr ago and know that I could not run a block without having to stop and walk.  Now running a mile is nothing.  I have changed my life for the better and knowing that I am setting a positive example for my three young boys is priceless.  The example I am setting for my boys is already paying off... my 8 yr old now runs a mile on the treadmill several times a week.  He wants to enter races and earn metals, which is all fine and dandy but this mama is just happy that he is interested in something that will keep his heart strong and healthy.  My 6 yr old who has not completely jumped on the fitness bandwagon said he wanted to run a race too.  (proud mommy moment)   I of course also love the fact that I have lost about 15lbs since I started running.  I would love to say good bye to another 15 lbs and I know it will not happen over night but I do know that it will happen due to my new physical lifestyle.  My mood has improved and I know that if I am having an off day just 30 min on my treadmill (or a run outside but I have forgotten what that's like due to all the snow) will work wonders.  Best therapy ever and it is free.  I think it is safe to say I have become an addict!

No comments:

Post a Comment