Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'M BAAACK

Wow it has been such a long time since I have gotten a chance to post anything.  I never even got to tell you about national running day that happen over a month ago, (it was awesome by the way) or the fact that I have now been running for over a yr which happen just a few weeks ago.  So much to write and post about and yet I just could not make it happen.  Where have I been you ask? 
It all started about two months ago when I got a dreaded message on my computer that the hard drive was about to have imminent failure and that we needed to back up the computer.  So back up the computer we did.  Not that there was much to back up since the computer was less then 6 months old.   We got this hard drive message a few times before the computer just shut its self down and stopped working.  The whole process of getting the darn thing fixed took a lot longer then I had wanted or anticipated but here I am about a month later finally blogging.   The computer was not the only issue in our house we had a series of unfortunate mishaps going on as well.  Things that might have been funny to blog about but at the time, just pissed me off.  Like the ceiling leaking, the light fixture coming crashing down in the family room, the air conditioning not working (even though it is not even a yr old) and the guy coming to fix it over and over and over again.  (boy I hope it is fixed for good now... it is HOT out there)  Then we got hit by the dreaded strep throat, the damn thing took over my house hitting everyone in its path except for Owen my 6 yr old.  Fortunately for most of the family a couple days on antibiotics did the trick, but not me, the antibiotics did not work for me and unfortunately I did not realize they were not working until I had waisted 48 hrs on them before getting a new prescription.  Days with temps 103. and higher left me doing little of nothing and the last thing on my mind was running, exercising or blogging.  Don't get me wrong though there was a vacation up north somewhere in the middle of all this madness and that was fun. 
With everything going on I took about 3 weeks off of running.  The results of that... not good!  I got out the other night with my boys and we did make it 1.8 miles but it was tough, a lot harder then I felt it should have been.  My plan is to ease back into it, tonight my goal is anything over 2 miles (which might be tricky in this heat) we will see how it goes but in the mean time... I'M BAAACK!

1 comment:

  1. Time off is tough. Even 3 or 4 days off can set me back, but it doesn't usually last that long. You'll be back in the groove before you know it.

    ReplyDelete