Friday, April 29, 2011

Getting ready for race day

Tomorrow I have my first race of the season... The Wildcat 5k!  I am so very excited!   The Wildcat 5k will officially be the 4th 5k I have participated in and I will not lie I want to set a PR on this one.  My fastest 5k so far has been a virtual 5k that raised money for ST. Jude.  I ran it on my treadmill in 36:33.   I have always had much faster times on my treadmill.  Tomorrow will be different.  I will not be able to push a button to force my legs to speed up.  I have put in the effort, logged the miles, did my cross training and now I am excited to see it all pay off!   I hope to to pull this 5k off in at least 36:30... well to be honest what I really want is a 35:59 but I will be happy with anything under a 36:30.  

Physically training for a race might be tough but I tell you what getting ready the day before a race is tough too.  There are so many logistics to plan out when you have a family.   Ryan has school tomorrow which means not only can he not watch the race, or the kids, he can not help get the kids ready.  Two of my three kids are going off with their Papa to a MI State game while the youngest is going to his friends soccer game to cheer on his buddy.  I have to make sure I have EVERYTHING all planned out, laid out, and figured out tonight so that tomorrow morning is smooth sailing.   With three boys something stupid is bound to come up tomorrow that will put me in a state of panic... but right now I am feeling confident despite the pre race jitters I have.  I can not wait to give you a full race report tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment