Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hello Everyone

Like most everyone else who starts a blog, I wonder if anyone will read this.  I have three boys all under the age of 8.  I spent the last 9 yrs of my life pretty much pregnant or nursing.  When my youngest was about 2 1/2 I decided that it was time for me to get back to "myself".   After a failed attempt at losing weight on my own, I decided to join a gym which had a child care for the kids.  That was March 2010, I hit that gym 4 times a week and after 4 months of this I had only lost 5lbs.  Desperate for a way to seriously get in shape I decided I should take up running.  I have never been a runner, wanted to be a runner, or thought that I would ever become a runner.  Just 3 months after making a decision to start running I ran my first 5k, just last week I ran my second and just last night I ran 4.5 miles just because I could.  (which I am still on a high over) 
I plan on using this blog to document my life with my crazy kids and husband as well as how I progress into a healthier person for my family!
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, you are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and congrats on your 5K and the new distance you just tackled. Amazing how high you get, and stay from a great run!
    Happy training!!

    ReplyDelete