Tuesday, November 16, 2010

why working out near boys is not always easy

Ok I am going to admit something to you all.  I am a Twihard!  For those of you living under a rock and do not know what that is, it is a person who is a huge fan of the Twilight series.  I know it is silly to be as old as I am (34) and be in love with the books as well as the movies but hay I also still love New Kids on the Block so what can I say.  (do not worry I got rid of my nkotb sheets and pillow cases a while ago)  Being the Twihard I am, last night I put in my New Moon dvd for about the 27th time and I got on my treadmill.  Before I knew it the movie was half over and I had ran 5 miles.  Being at a pivotal point in the movie and not wanting to stop watching I added a half mile cool down to that 5 miles.  I put in those 5 miles of running in 1 hr and 3 min.  Which I am ok with, that was the farthest I have ever run so time meant nothing to me.  I am just happy to have gone that far.  In case your wondering where this leaves me for the challenge I am doing, I am at 13.5 miles.  (if your reading this and have no idea what challenge I am talking about, I explained it all in my last post)

So since I did that running last night today was my off day.  My family all went to parent teacher conferences tonight and when we got home we turned on the tv, the Biggest Loser was on.  I watch this every week but usually by myself, Ryan is not a fan of the show and my kids are in bed at this time.  Tonight though we all watched for a little bit.  We watched until we saw Jillian (one of the trainers) make one of the contestants step up on a step 500 times.  Once the contestant had finished I paused the tv and said to all my boys "I wonder if I could do that.  hhhmmm  I am going to try that"  I went and got my shoes on.  I do not own a workout step so I used the stairs and asked to boys to help me keep count.  All was going well until around step 75 the boys started getting squirrely.  After all it was past their bed time so I sent them up the stairs to go brush their teeth.  I told them that when they were done they could come sit in front of me on the top step to watch.  That was my big mistake.  Ryan at this time has started playing video games and is only half paying attention to my quest to conquer 500 steps.  At step 220 Cooper is back down but not sitting on the step watching me.  He is now acting silly and dancing in front of me.  He knows that he is getting away with all this goofiness because daddy is not paying attention and mommy is not going to stop stepping up for anything. This is when he takes it to an all new "boy" level.   At step 279 the first mooning happened.  My sweet 8 yr old little boy mooned me.  He found himself so funny that he proceeded to moon me over and over again while dancing past the steps.  He knew he had a "captive" audience since I was not going to stop.   He continued this laughing, dancing, mooning fest until step 334.  This is when the child bent over to moon me again and farted. (oh and it stunk too)  Thankfully Ryan actually caught this one and sent him up to bed.  I finished up my 500 steps in peace without the smell or view of an ass, which was nice.  To be honest I thought that it was going to be hard but it was not hard at all and did not take that long to do. (it was a little rough on my knees though)  I think you all should take on the 500 step challenge, just do yourself a favor and do not do it while any silly boys are in the room!

2 comments:

  1. This was hysterical! LOL! I got spoiled with my first baby. She is "mellow yellow". Nothing gets her ruffled. My son is 1, and is already giving me greys. Cant imagine what Im in for. At least you werent bored doing your steps! Great job grabbing the opportunity to burn some calories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I saw your blog on the running moms group on FB. I have to empathize with you, I'm a mom of two boys. Mine are younger (4 and 2) but well on their way to all the shenanigans boys get into - wrestling, chasing each other around and nearly tripping me, passing gas (the 4 year old gets a kick out of it). They sure keep me on my toes and keep me laughing. Good job on your 15 day challenge!!! I have a blog too http://hungrigyrl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete