Friday, November 12, 2010

One of those days

This morning I woke up to my sweet 3 yr old wanting to cuddle in bed with me and watch cartoons.  I love this of course and I put the tv on right away,  Only to find it did not work.  I grab the blankies and head downstairs with my son to use the other tv for snuggle time.  Unfortunately  that one was not working either.  At this point in time now I am feeling annoyed and my little one no longer wants to snuggle.  I proceed with my usual morning until I can get a min to call the cable provider.  After an hr and a half on the phone with tec. support I now have one working tv and it is not the one in the family room.  So now I am not just annoyed I am pissed off.  To be honest I don't watch much tv during the day so not having a tv does not bother me at all.  What bothered me was the fact that I spent an hr and a half dealing with the issue and it still was not fixed. 

I was in a bad mood and I knew that my morning was shot but in order to make it a good afternoon I had to blow off some steam.  It is a very good thing I own a treadmill.  I waited until the children all went down for nap (wait did I tell you all that I watch kids out of my home?) and got on.  I knew I could not use my mp3 player because I needed to be able to hear if the kids woke up so it was not my favorite run, that's for sure.  That said I was able to get three miles in before I heard a little voice from the top of  my stairs that said "I'm awake now"  I had wanted to go more but 3miles was enough to change my mood around and gave me just what I needed to enjoy an afternoon filled with little boys.  It is amazing to me how a simple run on the treadmill can do so much for not just the body but for the mind too.
I  am happy to say that my mood continued to improve throughout the afternoon and evening... even though my tv still is NOT working!

No comments:

Post a Comment