Sunday, November 14, 2010

15 day challenge

I committed to a challenge the other day.  15 miles in the 15 days leading up to Thanksgiving.  You can run, bike, walk, swim, or do whatever to get those miles in.  I am choosing to run most of them.  It is kinda a put the work in and reward yourself with a guilt free amazing turkey dinner kinda thing.  I loved the idea and I am happy to say that already have logged 8 of those 15 miles on my treadmill!  That said after this weekend I think I need to log an additional 15 just for what I ate.   YIKES!!
It was an amazing weekend filled with family and friends which I love love loved at the time, but now I am a little worried about what damage I might have done to my number on the scale.  My family ate out 6 meals this weekend!!!   This includes the party we attended Friday night in which not only included food but also included a plethora of alcoholic drinks.  Yes I know I did not have to partake in the drinking portion of it all too but... well I did have a lot of fun!  Somewhere between the my first piece of cake (um yea I know, I meant to say first piece)  and the chicken Parmesan I started to feel a little guilty and began to worry about the number that will show up on the scale this Friday.  Worst part is that my son Owen's 6th birthday is tomorrow so the parade of yummy food has not yet come to an end.
I think it would be easy to just take the week "off" and start over next week.  This is what I have done so many times in the past though and guess what, that is why I never lost any weight.  This time I am not going to do that, I will not allow myself that "well you already blew 4 days this week so what is 3 more" mentality.  Not only will I not allow myself that mentality I pledge to do an additional 15 miles before Thanksgiving dinner.  For a total of at least 30 miles, which means I only have 22 more miles to do... easy right? right?  Wait how many days to I have left untill Thanksgiving?  YIKES!  ha ha   I think I can do it!!    I will be keeping track of those miles here on my blog.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. ooo i am excited to read about this! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly, I'm from MI, born in Ionia, went to school in Kalamazoo and later moved to metro Detroit! Where abouts are you? I'll have to go list my blog at our board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha Sooo does this mean you went to WMU? I went to CMU! I grew up in Troy but live in Oxford now. (if you don't know this area it is near the Palace) ~thanks for letting me know about your blog. Looking forward to reading it :)

    ReplyDelete